Haverford Reserve Condos and Carriage Homes
The carriage homes and the condominium development at Haverford Reserve are a significant development in Haverford Township. The condominiums, known as Athertyn, are being constructed by Pohlig Builders. The carriage homes are being built by Guidi Homes and the Goldenberg Group. Building began in 2008 and continues in 2015. Relevant facts below:
- This is a luxury development. The price of the least expensive condominium sold to date was in the mid $400s and the least expensive carriage home price was in the mid $600s. Price per square foot for recently sold condominiums at Athertyn is approximately $325. This is lower than the price per square foot at some other new or almost new developments such as Pembroke North in Wayne and Ardleigh in Ardmore, similar to the square foot price for recently sold units at Cambridge Square, another almost new building in Ardmore but more than the square foot price for units in older luxury buildings such as 100 Grays Lane and La Chanterelle in Haverford.
- Condo fees at Athertyn vary by square footage of the unit as at most condominium buildings, ranging from $474/month to $664/month. It looks like there is a $41/month fee for a private garage parking spot. These fees are competitive with those at Pembroke North and Cambridge Square and significantly less than the fees at 100 Grays Lane, 101 Cheswold, Sutton Place or 191 Presidential Blvd.
- Price per square foot for carriage homes is approximately $315 for sold properties in the period 6/1/2014 - 6/1/2015. This is competitive with price per square foot at Radnor Walk, a new townhouse development in Bryn Mawr but higher than the price obtained at Woodside Crossing, another new development in Ardmore. Square footage prices obtained for townhouses in older developments such as Haviland Drive in Bryn Mawr or Hillgate in Bala Cynwyd were considerably less.
- There are 100 carriage homes or townhouse built in 2-home clusters. There are 6 models, ranging in size from 2 bedroom/2 bath units of 2800 sq ft (the Hudson) to 3 bedroom / 3 1/2 bath units of 3800 sq ft (the Traymore). There is a long list of interior and exterior features including:
9 ft. ceilings
42 inch kitchen cabinets
Double wall oven
Granite counter tops in kitchen and master bath
Oak hardwood floors
30 yr dimensional shingles
Double front door with Baldwin hardware
- When construction is complete there will be approximately 134 condominiums at Athertyn. This is a 55+ community. There are 13 different floor plans, ranging in size from the 1 bedroom / 2 bath Belrose at about 1600 sq. ft. to the 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath Hardwicke at about 3000 sq. ft. There is a clubhouse including a bar, game room, swimming pool, fitness room and kitchen for the use of residents.
- So, what are the pros and cons of Haverford Reserve carriage home and condominium development?
- The biggest pro is that the development is right next to Haverford Reserve Park (see the video of the park). There is a 120 acre nature preserve with trails,
a dog park, playing fields and a children's playground. If you enjoy these types of activities then this development is hard to beat.
- Philadelphia is 30 - 40 minutes away by car or train making it quite accessible
- Shopping at King of Prussia or Suburban Square is easily reachable
- Even though the development is in the midst of a highly populated area it feels more remote. There are just 2 entry ways into the development. Through
traffic will never be a problem.
- Cons- Living at Haverford Reserve, one is not within walking distance or even biking distance of any town. You can't walk out your front door to restaurants or
bars as at Cambridge Square, Pembroke North or other developments on the Main Line.